Welcome to another review packed episode of Wildstorm Addiction! Joe David Soliz and Ben Murphy bring you Wildstorm reviews for the weeks of August 25th and September 1st 2010. Reviews including Garrison #5 , Wildcats #26, and The Authority #26.
00:00:35 – Ben welcomes everyone to Episode #13 for the weeks of August 25th and September 1st.
00:00:54 – Spoiler alerts warning, but all the written Wildstorm reviews at site are spoiler free unless otherwise noted.
00:01:06 – Ben dives right into the latest Wildstorm news:
- 00:01:08 – Steve Niles’ next Wildstorm project is called Lot 13 and it’ll be with artist Glenn Farby. No release date has been given yet but there’s preview art at Wildstorm’s blog The Bleed.
- 00:01:23 – Ethan Van Sciver’s character Cyberfrog returns in a mini-series called “Cyberfrog: Blood Honey” Sciver will do the covers and write it. Artist yet to be named. Originally featured in two issues published by Hall of Heroes in 1996 and ten more released by Harris Comics in 1997. Sciver also said he has several unannounced projects at Wildstorm besides this one with the first to be announced at New York Comic Con in Oct. Reference: http://www.comicbookresources.com
- 00:02:26 – Joe gives a shout out to Richard at The Hobby House in Kingsville, Texas for hooking him up with a ton of old Wildstorm stuff. They are located at 822 E King Ave, Kingsville, TX.
- 00:03:09 – Joe also wants to thank X-Nation for running our commercial on Ep #3 which you can download at http://www.culturalwormhole.com.
- 00:03:19 – And finally big thanks to James Nadiger from the Wildstorm Resource Wiki for sending me a box of WS goodness that included some cool Gen 13 trades, the Wildcats and Planetary action figures
00:03:59 – Joe reviews Garrison #5 (of 6) written by Jeff Mariotte, along with art and cover by Francesco Francavilla.
00:08:54 – Ben gives his takes on Garrison #5, and it isn’t all Hollywood gloss and polish, but more tropes and cliche’s abound.
00:11:54 – Joe tells us all about his current favorite title, Wildcats #26 written by Adam Beechen. Art by Tim Seeley and Andy Smith, as well as cover art by Howard Porter, Allen Martinez and Wes Hartman.
00:22:08 – Ben agrees completely with Joe on this one, you better be reading the Wildcats, you don’t want to miss it!
00:24:56 – With a little prodding Joe tells listeners to go check our our new Suggested Reading page on the website, made especially for those wanting to get into the Wildstorm Universe.
00:25:55 – Ben gives his thoughts on the action packed sci-fi twist on The Authority #26 written by Tom Taylor, and art by Al Barrionuevo. Along with a cover by Chris Sprouse and Karl Story.
00:34:02 – Joe has some thoughts on the Authority #26.
00:38:58 – Ben gives you both the print and digital Wildstorm Releases for the weeks of 8/25 through 9/1.
- For the week of 8/25
- FRINGE: TALES FROM THE FRINGE #3 (OF 6)
- ASTRO CITY: SILVER AGENT #2 (OF 2)
- KANE AND LYNCH #2
- TOM STRONG AND THE ROBOTS OF DOOM #4
- For the week of 9/1
- New digital comic offerings (courtesy of comixology.com) $0.99-$1.99
- Ex Machina #6 & 7
- Supernatural: Rising Son #2 & 3
- The X-files #6
- Planetary #12
- Gen 13 #29
- Stormwatch PHD #21
- The Authority #9
- Wildcats #9
- Starcraft #1-7, #1 is FREE
- Gears of War #1-2
- Kane & Lynch #1
- Welcome to Tranquility #1 (Volume 1, 2006)
00:41:38 – Joe gives you are contact info which you will find below and says good night.
The opening and closing music is “Universal Domain” by Dreamline which can be found at http://www.musicalley.com.
Ben: Look up “yoyomaster146” at the Wildstorm Resource Wiki (http://wildstormresource.wetpaint.com) or on the Wildstorm Message Boards.
Wildstorm Addiction: http://twitter.com/wildstormaddict
Post your comments for each episode on the wildstormaddiction.com!
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.