Welcome to another awesome episode of Wildstorm Addiction! Joe David Soliz and Ben Murphy bring you Wildstorm reviews and news for the weeks of October 6th and 13th 2010. Reviews including The Authority #27, Welcome to Tranquility: One Foot in the Grave #4 (of 6), and the RED movie and trade!
00:00:35 – Joe welcomes everyone to Episode #17 for the weeks of October 6th and 13th 2010.
00:00:46 – Spoiler alerts warning, but all the written Wildstorm reviews at site are spoiler free unless otherwise noted. Also brief Wildstorm news from NYCC before Ben goes into his in-depth report;
- 00:01:30 -Hank Kanalz, former vice president and general manager of WildStorm Productions, has been promoted to senior vice president-digital of DC Comics.
00:03:03 – Ben gives his New York Comic Con 2010 report along with some choice audio from some of the panels asking about any kind of Wildstorm news.
- 00:06:40 -Geoff Johns Panel
- 00:07:19 – Wildstorm: RED and Other Amazing Tales Panel
- 00:07:30 – Jim Lee Icons Panel
- 00:10:39 – Ben discusses these panel clips and what they mean to Wildstorm fans.
- 00:17:30 – Joe gives his take on the audio clips from the panel that Ben captured in New York.
- 00:22:25 – Ben won’t let his experience die and has to get in another final word about NYCC.
00:26:47 – Joe reviews The Authority #27 written by Tom Taylor, art by Al Barrionuevo, with a cover by Dave Gibbons and Kevin Nowlan. There was also a 1:10 variant cover released by Andy Park.
00:33:37 – Ben gives his take on The Authority #27.
00:36:45 – Ben catches you up on Welcome to Tranquility: One Foot in the Grave #4 (of 6) written by Gail Simone, art by Horacio Domingues, and cover by Neil Googe.
00:44:54 – Joe lays down his thoughts on the always excellent Welcome to Tranquility.
00:48:17 – Joe reviews the first ever “Wildstorm” related movie RED. But before he can review the movie there has to be a discussion about the original mini-series. Ben disagrees with Joe on what that series meant as a whole and how that affected his movie rating. The RED prequel we discuss actually got bumped back in the solicits to Nov 24th a day after our taping. You can find out about it here: RED: EYES ONLY. Also when the RED mini-series first released, each issue was $2.95 not $2.50 as I stated.
00:59:12 – Ben has his very opinionated opinions on the RED movie.
01:03:25 – Ben gives you both the print and digital Wildstorm Releases for the weeks of 10/06 through 10/13.
- For the week of 10/06
- For the week of 10/13
- New digital comic offerings (courtesy of comixology.com) $0.99-$1.99
- Ex Machina #12 & 13
- Supernatural: Beginning’s End #2 & 3
- Gears of War #7 & 8
- Victorian Undead #4 & 5
- Welcome to Tranquility #6
- Trick ‘R Treat #1 & 2
- Kane & Lynch #2
01:05:43 – Joe gives you are contact info which you will find below and says good night.
The opening and closing music is “Universal Domain” by Dreamline which can be found athttp://www.musicalley.com.
Wildstorm Addiction: http://twitter.com/wildstormaddict
Post your comments for each episode on the wildstormaddiction.com!
Email us at email@example.com.