Welcome to another episode of Wildstorm Addiction! Our resident Wildstorm experts Joe David Soliz & Benjamin Murphy review the new DCU versions of Stormwatch #7, Voodoo #7 and Grifter #7 as well as some other Wildstorm appearances in the new DCU 52.
00:00:35 – Ben welcomes everyone to episode #32 and gives his spoiler alerts warning. Remember, all written reviews on the website are spoiler free and usually get posted within a day of print release.
00:01:02 – Ben gives some Wildstorm related news as it pertains to the current books in the DCU.
- Wildstorm Addiction turns 2 years old this month! Thank you for all of the support over the years and we are so happy/excited to still be discussing everything Wildstorm!
- A new Grifter statue coming from Eaglemoss. No release date or price given yet. Picture up at our site. This makes two statues for Wildstorm characters and both are of Grifter. What no love for your best selling titles characters in Stormwatch DC?
- Stormwatch Vol. 1 Hardcover re-solicited (yet again!) for April 4, 2012, collects Stormwatch #37-47 which is Warren Ellis’ original run. Stormwatch Volume 2 Hardcover is solicited for October 2012. It collects the remainder of Ellis’ run, #48-50 and #1-11 of Stormwatch Vol. 2. But no Wildcats/Aliens included?
- WILDC.A.T.S. Vol. 1 Deluxe Edition (Wildc.a.T.S. Deluxe) still showing a solicit for September 2012.
- A bit of news from Wondercon, Jim Lee added he was not riding shotgun on WildStorm characters in order to force them being integrated into the DC Universe. What he wants are for other voices to go different places with them, and Lee will only speak up about their treatment if necessary. Scott Lobdell also added that he’s interested in bringing Majestic into the story somehow and Rob Liefeld mentioned we’ll be seeing Zealot soon, assumingly in Grifter.
- Joe mentions some rumblings about some possible Wildstorm character Heroclix! O.G. Image era Grifter figure? A possible Wildstorm character set, would that not be epic?!?!
- Oops, did I forget to mention that we spoil these comics? Well they are about a month old so why haven’t you gone out to your local comic book shop and picked them up yet? Joe reminds ya’ll for me.
00:06:35 – Joe reviews Stormwatch #7. Released released on 3/07, written by Paul Jenkins with art by Ignacio Calero and cover by Miguel Sepulveda and Alex Sinclair. 1:25 B&W Sketch Variant.
00:22:11 – Ben shares his thoughts for the seventh issue of Stormwatch. A long review by Joe, but man it was worth it. A humbling Jack Hawksmoor scene makes this issue top notch. And the tight two issue story telling makes you feel like you’ve gotten a lot out of the read.
00:22:18 – Ben reviews Grifter #7. Released on 3/14, written by Nathan Edmondson, with art and cover by Scott Clark, David Beaty, and Andrew Dalhouse.
00:31:03 – Joe gives his assessment on Grifter #7.
00:36:00 – Joe reviews the seventh issue of Voodoo with change in creative. Released on 3/28, written by Josh Williamson with art by Sami Basri and cover by Paulo Siqueira.
00:51:20 – Ben shares his thoughts on Voodoo especially with the new direction that writer Josh Williamson is taking this title.
00:57:23 – Ben gives an update on other Wildstorm related sighting and tie-ins from the other DCU 52 issue #7’s that have released this past month.
- 3/14 Demon Knights #7 – Nothing we could tell
- 3/14 Legion Lost #7 – Nothing apparent
- 3/14 Superboy #7 – Setup for the Culling/Ravager crossover, Fairchild cameo and Fuji first appearance!
- 3/28 Teen Titans #7 – Saved Superboy from N.O.W.H.E.R.E, setup for the Culling/Ravager crossover
- 3/28 Superman #7 – Superman vs. Helspont!
01:00:49 -Joe continues by giving a run-down on the upcoming books and character appearances in the new DCU relaunch. Remember, all these books are available digitally the same day as the print release at the DC section of www.comixology.com.
- For the week of 4/04
- STORMWATCH #8 – The secret of the Gravity Miners! Midnighter snaps! 1:25 B&W Sketch Variant
- For the week of 4/11
- GRIFTER #8 – Brother vs. Brother, Nathan Edmondson’s last issue
- SUPERBOY #8 – First appearance of Grunge!
- DEMON KNIGHTS #8 (More connections to Stormwatch? unsure)
- LEGION LOST #8 – The lead-up to next month’s game-changing TEEN TITANS/SUPERBOY/LEGION LOST crossover starts here! Rose Wilson and the Ravagers of N.O.W.H.E.R.E. attack our lost Legionnaires for a battle royale!
- For the week of 4/25
01:04:02 – We discuss a little bit about the new DC Comics logo and website upgrade. No more message boards!?!? I assume they are just going to rely on twitter, facebook, and google+ from here on out. Join us on Clark’s Bar! Ben gives a shout out to Chris Striker, of the Higher Authority and Stormwatch.ws websites. Remember to visit The Higher Authority’s message boards Clark’s Bar to continue the Wildstorm integration discussions amongst long time Wildstorm fans at theauthority.ws. DC Wormhole podcast episode 8 is out at culturalwormhole.com and they’re covering several of the new 52 books.
01:06:00 – Joe gives the contact details as shown below.
The opening music is “Universal Domain” by Dreamline which can be found at http://www.musicalley.com.
Wildstorm Addiction: http://twitter.com/wildstormaddict
Post your comments for each episode on the wildstormaddiction.com!
Email us at email@example.com.
Facebook Fan Page: Wildstorm Addiction Podcast Fan Page