Welcome to another episode of Wildstorm Addiction! Our resident Wildstorm experts Joe David Soliz & Benjamin Murphy review Stormwatch #14, Grifter #14, and Ravagers #6, and Team 7 #2, as well as some other Wildstorm appearances in the new DCU 52.
00:00:35 – Ben welcomes everyone to episode #41 and gives his spoiler alerts warning. Remember, all written reviews on the website are spoiler free and usually get posted within a day of print release.
00:01:09 – Ben gives plenty of Wildstorm related news as it pertains to the current books in the DCU.
- Midnighter & Apollo will be two of several characters featured in a one-shot in February called Young Romance: A New 52 Valentine’s Day Special. Peter Milligan is mentioned as one of the writer’s so we assume he’ll handle the Midnighter/Apollo story. No word yet on who will do the art for that particular story.
- Even though we’re not going to be treated to a Wildcats title (yet), February does feature the debut of another Wildstorm character. Team 7 #5 features the New 52 debut of Spartan! And apparently features an appearance by Caitlin Fairchild according to the cover which shows her and her dad fighting Spartan. Stormwatch #17 confirms the hard times Will Conrad spoke of in our interview with him last month as the solicit promises the end of Stormwatch headquarters (again) and the death of a character. All-Star Western #17 has a back-up story that features Jenny Freedom and the Stormwatch of the 19th century.
- March sees the softcover trade release of The DC Universe by Alan Moore which features some of his Wildstorm work: original Voodoo mini-series #1-4 and Deathblow: Byblows #1-3.
- This past month marked 20 years ago that Brett Booth was hired by Jim Lee. As a thanks to Jim, Brett posted a sweet Grifter sketch on his blog: http://demonpuppy.blogspot.com/2012/11/this-sketch-saturday-its-grifter-time.html
- Once again, thank you to all our new Image Addiction listeners. Our downloads have tripled since we became part of the Image Addiction podcast network!!
00:05:16 – Joe starts it off with the review of Stormwatch #14. Released on 11/07, written by Peter Milligan with art and cover by Will Conrad.
00:19:46 – Ben continues on the garbage of the new DCU with Grifter #14. Released on 11/14, written by Rob Liefeld and Frank Tieri, with art by Marat Mychaels and cover by Scott Clark.
00:28:08 – Joe reviews Ravagers #6. Released on 11/14, written by Howard Mackie with art by Ian Churchill and Tyler Kirkham with cover by Ken Lashley.
00:40:00 – Ben actually did a manageable job reviewing Team 7 this month with issue #2. Released on 11/14, written by Justin Jordan with art by Ron Frenz & Julius Gopez with cover by Tyler Kirkham and variant cover by Brett Booth.
00:59:34 – Joe gives an update on other Wildstorm related sighting and tie-ins from the other DCU 52 issue #14’s that have released last month.
- 10/24 I, Vampire #13 – Stormwatch appearance (just barely, what was the point?)
- 10/24 Savage Hawkman #13 – Pike appearance
- 11/07 Animal Man #14 – Rotworld crossover, there are rotted versions of Hawk, Dove, Grifter, Deathstroke, and Hawkman, all believed to be a jab back at Liefeld for attacking Scott Snyder on his way out of DC. Epic!
- 11/14 Legion Lost #14 – Ravagers appearance
- 11/14 Deathstroke #14 – Pike shows up at end
01:07:40 – Joe continues by giving a run-down on the upcoming books and character appearances in the new DCU relaunch. Remember, all these books are available digitally the same day as the print release at the DC section of www.comixology.com
- For the week of 12/05
- STORMWATCH #15 Midnighter: enemy of Stormwatch? The manipulations of the Shadow Lords have turned members of the team against each other! Is this the beginning of the end as we saw it in issue #0?
- For the week of 12/12
- GRIFTER #15 Grifter and Voodoo vs. The Suicide Squad! Is Amanda Waller responsible for all the bad things that have happened to Grifter? Will he stop shooting long enough to learn the truth? Former Team 7 partners face off!
- RAVAGERS #7 The return of Warblade and Rose Wilson! Can the team finally act like a team — and survive? Beast Boy deals with side effects from The Rot, and Caitlin asks Superboy the unthinkable!
- TEAM 7 #3 From the pages of RED HOOD AND THE OUTLAWS, the mysterious Essence joins the team’s battle against the Heart of Darkness known as the Black Diamond! Before he was Deathstroke The Terminator, Slade Wilson was possessed by Eclipso! Is this the secret origin of a super villain? The secret history of the superhuman cold war is here!
- LEGION LOST #15 The lost Legionnaires must decide if they are willing to sacrifice millions in order to save billions! Superboy and The Ravagers guest-star!
- For the week of 1/2
- THE SAVAGE HAWKMAN #15 “HAWKMAN: WANTED” continues! Hawkman is a fugitive — and everybody wants to kill him for his Nth Metal Armor. Good thing Carter’s always ready for a fight! Guest-starring Deathstroke! (More Pike?)
01:08:05 – Ben gives a shout out to Chris Striker, of the TheAuthority.ws and Stormwatch.ws websites. Remember to visit The Higher Authority’s message boards Clark’s Bar to continue the Wildstorm integration discussions among long time Wildstorm fans at theauthority.ws. Be sure to check out our friends of the show, the Image Addiction podcast as they cover new releases from Image Comics and the Only the Valiant podcast as they cover the re-launching of Valiant Comics which current titles include X-O Manowar, Harbinger, Bloodshot, Archer & Armstrong, and Shadowman.
01:08:58 – Ben continues with the contact details as shown below.
The opening music is “Universal Domain” by Dreamline which can be found at http://www.musicalley.com.
Wildstorm Addiction: http://twitter.com/wildstormaddict
Post your comments for each episode on the wildstormaddiction.com!
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Facebook Fan Page: Wildstorm Addiction Podcast Fan Page
Our show is now on Stitcher! Listen to us on your iPhone, Android Phone, Kindle Fire and other devices with Stitcher. Stitcher is Smart Radio for Your phone or tablet. Find it in your app store or at stitcher.com The latest episode is always available for you- no syncing needed… and no memory or storage wasted! Stitcher SmartRadio- The Smarter Way to listen to radio