Subscribe to the show: RSS Feed | iTunes
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 36:10 — 23.3MB)
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Show Notes:
Welcome to a brand new amazing yet one year late episode of Wildstorm Addiction! Our resident Wildstorm experts Joe David Soliz & Benjamin Murphy review Midnighter #1 (2015)
and discuss the completion of both Future’s End and Convergence
events, as well as some other Wildstorm appearances in the DCU (no longer the New 52).
00:00:01 – Ben welcomes everyone to episode #49 and gives the obligatory spoiler alerts warning (but really if you haven’t read any of these issues, you didn’t miss anything this past year). Remember, all written reviews on the website are spoiler free and usually get posted within a day of print release (Joe’s not doing anymore written reviews, for shame!).
00:01:42 – We’re back yet again after an entire year in the making! Ben continues with a paltry amount of “Wildstorm” related news collected over the past year’s time, if that’s what we’re calling it these days.
- The Divine Right Hardcover scheduled for a Dec. 2014 release never happened. Instead they released a massive 400 page softcover(paperback) edition. This is a great way to catch up on Max’s story if you’ve never gotten the chance to read this title and it’s crossover event into Gen13 and Wildcats.
- The Authority Heroclix came out in the next set, DC Heroclix: The Flash. Ben went crazy and somehow got them all. Some are very common and cheap (Jack Hawksmoore, Swift, Apollo, and The Doctor), some are not too bad (Midnighter), and others are a bit too pricey (Jenny Sparx, The Engineer).
- The podcast is now five years old, but we haven’t yet cracked the 50 mark! Sounds a lot like some Wildstorm titles…well most Wildstorm titles that I know of.
00:03:47 – Joe reviews the first issue of an old Wildstorm character in a solo title spun out of the Grayson series, Midnighter #1, written by Steve Orlando with art by ACO and cover art by ACO; variant cover by Bryan Hitch(The original Authority artist).
00:19:11 – Ben gives an update on other Wildstorm related sighting and tie-ins from the other DCU 52 issues within the past year. Big thanks and shout out to John Pannozzi from Clark’s Bar (now on Facebook only) for helping us keep up with these appearances!!!
- Future’s End #0,1(FC),3-4, 7-10, 13, 15, 17-18, 25-27, 32-34, 36 (FC) – Grifter appearances (FC = Front Cover)
- Future’s End #1, 12, 16, 24-25, 32-37 – Apollo and Engineer “Stormwatch” appearances, The Engineer gets “hacked” yet again
- Future’s End #1, 9 – Midnighter appearances
- Grayson #1, 2, 4, 5, 6 – Midnighter appearances; introduced to the “God Garden” and the Gardener (new character that created the Midnighter), Grayson #4-5 had appearances by Apollo as well
- Convergence #0 – WildC.A.T.s (1992) #1 cover art shown in the Who’s Who in Convergence back pages; this team is never shown in any of the other Convergence titles (cut yet again or more to come post Convergence?)
- Convergence #1 – Shows original Gen 13 team in Telos’ convergence “matrix city viewer”
- Convergence: Nightwing/Oracle #2 – Divergence: Midnighter “Sneak Peek”, 8 full pages of Midnighter preview, all new content not repeated in Midnighter #1…more of a prelude than a preview.
- Convergence #7 – Apollo and Engineer “Stormwatch” appearance
- Convergence: Aquaman #1-2 – Deathblow appearances
- Convergence: Superman The Man of Steel #1-2 – Gen 13 appearances
- Convergence: Shadow of the Bat #1-2 – Wetworks appearances
00:29:12 – Ben continues by giving a run-down on the upcoming books and character appearances in the new DCU June 2015 relaunch. Remember, all these books are available digitally the same day as the print release at the DC section of www.comixology.com
- For the week of 7/01 – MIDNIGHTER #2 – Marina Lucas woke up this morning as a suburban martial-arts instructor…but when God Garden tech unexpectedly falls into her lap, she’ll end the day as the deadliest woman on the planet! That’s bad news for her – and worse for the Midnighter!
- For the week of 8/05 – MIDNIGHTER #3 – Midnighter’s up against Multiplex, the man with the power of infinite self-replication—in other words, all his dreams are coming true! Infinite clones mean infinite bones to break…
- For the week of 9/02 – MIDNIGHTER#4 – Grayson and Midnighter—reunited at last! Granted, it wasn’t Grayson’s idea, and yes, technically Midnighter might have kidnapped him. And, uh, brought him to Moscow to fight a herd of feral vampires. Maybe this reunion is getting off on the wrong foot…
00:31:02 – Joe gives some quick shout out’s to Clark’s Bar. Which the original message board has ceased to exist. But Clark’s Bar the FB group is alive and well with our 11 members https://www.facebook.com/groups/1036575389702716/. Get twice the Valiant coverage now with our friends of the show from the Only the Valiant podcast at http://www.onlythevaliant.com. We also want to mention our friends over at www.culturalwormhole.com and their Valiant Future podcast where Joe has been a regular co-host for over a year now.
00:33:21 – Joe continues with the contact details as shown below.The opening music is “Universal Domain” by Dreamline which can be found at http://www.musicalley.com.
Joe: http://twitter.com/joedavidsoliz (I have changed my Twitter)
Wildstorm Addiction: http://twitter.com/wildstormaddict
Post your comments for each episode on the wildstormaddiction.com!
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Facebook Fan Page: Wildstorm Addiction Podcast Fan Page
Our show is now on Stitcher! Listen to us on your iPhone, Android Phone, Kindle Fire and other devices with Stitcher. Stitcher is Smart Radio for Your phone or tablet. Find it in your app store or at stitcher.com The latest episode is always available for you- no syncing needed… and no memory or storage wasted! Stitcher SmartRadio- The Smarter Way to listen to radio.