00:00:00 – Joe welcomes everyone to episode #48 and forgets to give his spoiler alerts warning (but really if you haven’t read any of these issues, you didn’t miss anything this past year). Remember, all written reviews on the website are spoiler free and usually get posted within a day of print release (really Joe?).
- We’re back! After a longer hiatus than anticipated but probably a much needed one for the both of us. Stormwatch #21-30 other Wildstorm appearances in the DCU New 52. (SPOILERS WARNING)
- Divine Right: The Adventures of Max Faraday issues up at comixology.
Deathblow Deluxe Edition Hardcover just released in March with the softcover coming in Jan. 2015. Collects #1-12 plus story from Darker Image #1. Also Divine Right Hardcover scheduled for Dec. 2014. DC gearing up to use these characters somehow?
- More Wildstorm Heroclix in the recently released Superman and the Legion of Superheroes set which includes a Daemonite, Helspont, Mr. Majestic and Ladytron. AND The Authority is coming in the next set, DC Heroclix: The Flash on Oct. 15 (my bday, thank you Wiz Kids!). So far only a pic of Midnighter has been released.
- The podcast is 4 years old!
- Future’s End News: Well, in five years’ time, Stormwatch is still called Stormwatch, not The Authority and they have a couple of new members. Via – Bleeding Cool
- The Movement canceled ending with issue #12 in May, featured Wildstorm character Rainmaker.
00:07:18 – Ben starts our final yearly wrap up of Stormwatch run from issues #21-30 mostly written by Jim Starlin with art by Yvel Guichet except for #30 which was written by Sterling Gates with art by Jeremy Roberts. We touch a bit on what Jim Lee had to say in an interview from CBR about the state of the Wildstorm characters and their misses and misses in integrating into the new DCU.
Jim Lee’s comments on state of Wildstorm from CBR- “We like to say we’re finding our way. [Laughs] I think when we started the New 52, we had a bunch of Wildstorm characters in there, and they were really being handled by New York editors. They would often ask me, “Do you like this take? Do you think this is cool?” And my response to them was, “Look, I want your take on the characters. We spent many years doing our take on the West Coast and I’d love to see them through the filter of the New York office. You guys deal with these iconic characters like Superman and Batman. Where do characters like Grifter and some of these other WildC.A.T.S. or former Gen13 members — where do they fit into this mythology, how do they fit in?” Like everything you do creatively, there were some hits and misses. That said, I think we’ve held back on a couple of franchises like “Gen13” and “WildC.A.T.S.” and that’s something I want to be more directly involved with. When the time comes, we’ll put those out and hopefully, Wildstorm fans will be happy.”
00:17:52 – Joe touches on the Justice League: Flashpoint Paradox animated movie which features a great representation of Grifter. Grifter hasn’t been seen on the small screen for almost 15 years!
00:18:20 – Joe covers the Free Comic Book Day Future’s End #0 and the now weekly issues #1 written by Brian Azzarello. Jeff Lemire, Dan Jurgens, Keith Giffen with art by Patrick Zircher (did Shadowman for Valiant) and cover by Ryan Sook.
00:29:28 – Ben gives an update on other Wildstorm related sighting and tie-ins from the other DCU 52 issues within the past year. Massive thanks to Titan from Clark’s Bar for helping us keep up with these appearances!!!
- All-Star Western #17-20 – Stormwatch backup
- Superman #27 – Helspont cameo at the end
- Red Hood Outlaws 14, Superman 27, 29 – Various Helspont appearances
- Movement 2, 3, 4, 8 – Gen 13’s Rainmaker
- Suicide Squad 23, Birds of Prey 25 – Gen 13’s Lynch appearances
- Batman/Superman 8, 9, Worlds’ Finest 20, 21, Birds of Prey 24 – Kaizen Gamorra appearances (as Regalus, Kaizen merged with a Team 7 character)
00:33:30 – Ben continues by giving a run-down on the upcoming books and character appearances in the new DCU relaunch. Remember, all these books are available digitally the same day as the print release at the DC section of www.comixology.com
- For the week of 5/07 FUTURE’S END #1 – Grifter appearance
- For the week of 5/14 FUTURE’S END #2 – No confirmed appearances
- For the week of 5/21 FUTURE’S END #3 – No confirmed appearances
- For the week of 5/28 FUTURE’S END #4 – Stormwatch appearance
00:35:17 – Joe gives some quick shout out’s starting with Chris Striker’s The Higher Authority’s message boards Clark’s Bar to continue the Wildstorm integration discussions among long time Wildstorm fans at http://theauthority.ws. Also check out our friends of the show, the Image Addiction podcast as they cover new releases from Image Comics and The Savage FINcast as they cover The Savage Dragon. Both can be found at http://www.comicaddiciton.net. Get twice the Valiant coverage now with our friends of the show from the Only the Valiant podcast at http://www.onlythevaliant.com. We also want to mention our friends over at www.culturalwormhole.com and their Valiant Future podcast where Joe is a now a pimpmacdaddyregular-host. Finally check out our buddy Chris Arrant over at www.comicbookresources.com.
00:38:27 – Joe continues with the contact details as shown below.The opening music is “Universal Domain” by Dreamline which can be found at http://www.musicalley.com.
Joe: http://twitter.com/joedavidsoliz (I have changed my Twitter)
Wildstorm Addiction: http://twitter.com/wildstormaddict
Post your comments for each episode on the wildstormaddiction.com!
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Facebook Fan Page: Wildstorm Addiction Podcast Fan Page
Our show is now on Stitcher! Listen to us on your iPhone, Android Phone, Kindle Fire and other devices with Stitcher. Stitcher is Smart Radio for Your phone or tablet. Find it in your app store or at stitcher.com The latest episode is always available for you- no syncing needed… and no memory or storage wasted! Stitcher SmartRadio- The Smarter Way to listen to radio.