Subscribe to the show: RSS Feed | iTunes
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: RSSShow Notes: Welcome to another episode of Wildstorm Addiction! Our resident Wildstorm experts Joe David Soliz & Benjamin Murphy review Stormwatch #20, Ravagers #12, and Team 7 #8, as well as some other Wildstorm appearances in the new DCU 52.
00:00:00 – Ben welcomes everyone to episode #47 and gives his spoiler alerts warning. Remember, all written reviews on the website are spoiler free and usually get posted within a day of print release. This month on our “Friends of Wildstorm” series, where we bring on a lifelong or recently converted fans of the Wildstorm Universe, we have Titanthrope (who asked that his identity remain confidential) and is a regular at Clark’s Bar and one of the last die-hard Wildstorm fans next to Joe, myself, and Chris Striker.
- The only news for us is that we have decided to take a hiatus for the summer. Now that we’ll only have one title to review we just thought it would be a good time to take a breather (we only do 1 show a month as it is now right? Such pansies!!). As of now, Stormwatch #23 is solicited for August with No Final Issue tag (thank God!). The rumor is that this year’s New 52 September event will be villains month where the villains will take over each title for the month. I’m putting my bets on it being Lobo and also possibly being the final issue of Stormwatch. Maybe the BleadingCool “Max Faraday” trademarking rumor will spice things up a bit. But at this point I’d say that’s a stretch and can easily be peddled as Jim’s pet project, not Wildstorm specific.
00:09:25 – Joe starts our final monthly reviews off with the holdout title of Stormwatch issue #20. Released on 5/01, written by Jim Starlin with art by Yvel Guichet and cover by Jim Starlin.
00:18:35 – Our guest and friend of the show, Titanthrope, keeps it going with the review of the final issue of Team 7 #8. Released on 5/08, written by Justin Jordan with art by Jesus Merino with cover by Gary Frank.
00:26:57 – Ben gives his review of the final issue of Ravagers #12. Released on 5/08, written by Michael Alan Nelson & Tony Bedard with art by Diogenes Neves and cover by Ken Lashley. (Rant much Ben? Dude you need some pills or something!) The Authority baddie we were referring to was Seth, not Zed.
00:43:33 – Joe gives an update on other Wildstorm related sighting and tie-ins from the other DCU 52 issue #20’s that have released this month.
- 4/24 All-Star Western #19 – Stormwatch backup story (according to solicits, appears to conclude in July’s issue #22)
- 5/08 Deathstroke #20 – Last Issue: John Lynch and Majestic appearances to help end this title
00:47:01 – Joe continues by giving a run-down on the upcoming books and character appearances in the new DCU relaunch. Remember, all these books are available digitally the same day as the print release at the DC section of www.comixology.com
- For the week of 6/05
- STORMWATCH #21 While searching for the truth about the Kollective, the team runs straight into the arms of Lobo! (Subsequent issues usually scheduled for the first Wednesday of each month. Pick them up and join us at the end of the summer to discuss!)
- For the week of 5/22
- ALL-STAR WESTERN #20 And in the backup story, a never before seen Stormwatch team takes the spotlight!
00:49:50 – Joe gives some quick shout out’s starting with Chris Striker’s The Higher Authority’s message boards Clark’s Bar to continue the Wildstorm integration discussions among long time Wildstorm fans at http://theauthority.ws. Also check out our friends of the show, the Image Addiction podcast as they cover new releases from Image Comics and The Savage FINcast as they cover The Savage Dragon. Both can be found at http://www.imageaddiciton.net. Get twice the Valiant coverage now with our friends of the show from the Only the Valiant podcast at http://www.onlythevaliant.com. We also want to mention our friends over at www.culturalwormhole.com and their Valiant Future podcast where Joe now guest-hosts.
00:51:28 – Ben continues with the contact details as shown below.The opening music is “Universal Domain” by Dreamline which can be found at http://www.musicalley.com.
Joe: http://twitter.com/joedavidsoliz (I have changed my Twitter)
Wildstorm Addiction: http://twitter.com/wildstormaddict
Post your comments for each episode on the wildstormaddiction.com!
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Facebook Fan Page: Wildstorm Addiction Podcast Fan Page
Our show is now on Stitcher! Listen to us on your iPhone, Android Phone, Kindle Fire and other devices with Stitcher. Stitcher is Smart Radio for Your phone or tablet. Find it in your app store or at stitcher.com The latest episode is always available for you- no syncing needed… and no memory or storage wasted! Stitcher SmartRadio- The Smarter Way to listen to radio. (p.s. – We have two regular subscribers to the Stitcher feed. Glad I set this up!!)
00:53:10 – Joe will be at the big anime convention in Dallas called A-kon, May 31-June 2 helping promote my friend’s upcoming video game Mech Knight Chronicles which is from Dinosaur Games. They can be found at www.dinosaurentertainment.com. We also got green-lit on Steam so if you have a Steam account please vote YES for us! http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=137877429 He’ll also be helping run the Icebreaker panel for newbies to the con. We will also be doing a panel called Cosplay Combat where cosplayers can battle each other using giant D&D dice a friend of mine makes. Dinosaur Games should also have a booth but I’m sure we’ll be carrying the giant sword prop from the game so it should be easy to spot us.