Subscribe to the show: RSS Feed | iTunes
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Welcome to another episode of Wildstorm Addiction! Our resident Wildstorm experts Joe David Soliz & Benjamin Murphy review the new DCU versions of Stormwatch #12, Grifter #12, Ravagers #4 and Voodoo #12, as well as some other Wildstorm appearances in the new DCU 52.
00:00:35 – Joe welcomes everyone to episode #38 and gives his spoiler alerts warning. Remember, all written reviews on the website are spoiler free and usually get posted within a day of print release.
00:01:12 – Joe gives plenty of Wildstorm related news as it pertains to the current books in the DCU.
- Rob Liefeld has quit DC Comics. Apparently, zero issue is his last. Frank Tieri mentioned on Twitter that he’s staying on the title. Liefeld mentioned that Marat Mychels will take over art duties on Grifter and Scott Clark is moving to Deathstroke.
- In November, Team 7 #2 has a variant cover by Brett Booth and Grifter #14 has a rematch between Grifter and Midnighter.
- Our Gen 13: deviantART Club is still going. 5 years strong now! Our current art contest is a Back to School theme. If you’d like to participate, head to http://gen13-club.deviantart.com/ to join.
- Check out our new Facebook Fan Page for Team 7 http://www.facebook.com/team7comic and in case you missed it, there are also FB fan pages for Stormwatch, Grifter, Voodoo, and even a Wildcats page, all of which can be found under the Likes Section of the Team 7 page.
- Old WS creator-owned title, Casey Blue Beyond Tomorrow #1 is up at comixology. It was drawn by former Gen 13 artist Carlo Barberi and written by B. Clay Moore. It’s only $0.99.
- TWIT guest Patrick Norton @patricknorton from Tekzilla announced his favorite comic book character to be The Midnighter on episode #365 watch it here at the 24:45 mark: http://twit.tv/show/this-week-in-tech/365
00:09:58 – Ben starts it off with the review of Stormwatch #12. Released on 8/01, written by Peter Milligan with art by Will Conrad & Julio Ferreira and cover by Scott Clark. Did you see that ending coming? I submit that you did not!
00:25:55 – Joe follows up on his thoughts for the twelfth issue of Stormwatch.
00:31:12 – Joe reviews Grifter #12. Released on 8/08, written by Rob Liefeld and Frank Tieri, with art by Scott Clark and cover by Rob Liefeld.
00:42:16 – Ben gives his assessment on Grifter #12. The best issue since the hostel takeover of this book!
00:44:10 – Ben reviews the fouth issue of the Ravagers. Released on 8/08, written by Howard Mackie with art by Daniel Sampere & Stefano Martino and cover by Ian Churchill. I love the muscle men!!!
00:54:51 – Joe gives his thoughts on the Ravagers.
00:58:26 – Joe gives his review of Voodoo #12. Released on on 8/22, written by Josh Williamson with art and cover by Sami Basri, finally! Last regular issue of this title.
01:07:11 – Ben gives his assessment on the last issue of Voodoo’s own title.
01:08:53 – Ben gives an update on other Wildstorm related sighting and tie-ins from the other DCU 52 issue #12’s that have released last month.
- 8/08 Deathstroke #12 – Zealot and Deathstroke vs. Lobo
- 8/22 The Savage Hawkman #12 – Hawkman vs. Pike, Pike reveals Daemonites harvested to serve Kherubim, Kherubim appear to have lost, Helspont and Daemonites going after Thanagar next, mentions The Bleed, has a sentient air cycle called Spartan.
- 8/22 I, Vampire #12 – vs. Stormwatch
- 8/29 Superman Annual #1- Helspont appearance and a glimpse of Daemonite homeworld.
01:13:10 – Joe continues by giving a run-down on the upcoming books and character appearances in the new DCU relaunch. Remember, all these books are available digitally the same day as the print release at the DC section of www.comixology.com
- For the week of 9/05
- STORMWATCH #0 The history of Stormwatch’s activities in The New 52 are revealed! A new villain arrives, and the safety of the team has never been more in doubt!
- For the week of 9/12
- GRIFTER #0 What is the dark truth behind Grifter’s powers? Find out in this issue! Plus: More on the Daemonite threat, new characters are introduced, and tons of bullets fly!
- RAVAGERS #0 Detailing the brutal abduction by N.O.W.H.E.R.E. of Beast Boy and Terra! Learn how the paths of these two heroes will affect the entire team!
- DEATHSTROKE #0 What horrors led Slade Wilson to become Deathstroke – the most dangerous killer in the world? More on the history of Team 7 and the first appearance of a fan-favorite character in The New 52!
- TEAM 7 #0 Threads of the entire DC Universe collide in this new series set in the early days of The New 52 from writer Justin Jordan (The Strange Talents of Luther Strode). As Superman emerges, so too does the world’s counter measures against him and his kind! Dinah Lance, Amanda Waller, Steve Trevor, John Lynch, Alex Fairchild, Cole Cash, Slade Wilson are Team 7 – and their story will change everything you know about The New 52!
- For the week of 9/26
- VOODOO #0 The truth about Pris is revealed at last as she sets off on a mission for vengeance that can only end in genocide!
01:14:40 – Ben gives a shout out to Chris Striker, of the TheAuthority.ws and Stormwatch.ws websites. Remember to visit The Higher Authority’s message boards Clark’s Bar to continue the Wildstorm integration discussions amongst long time Wildstorm fans at theauthority.ws. Be sure to check out our friends of the show, the Image Addiction podcast as they cover new releases from Image Comics and the Only the Valiant podcast as they cover the re-launching of Valiant Comics over the summer.
01:15:55 – Ben continues with the contact details as shown below.
The opening music is “Universal Domain” by Dreamline which can be found at http://www.musicalley.com.
Wildstorm Addiction: http://twitter.com/wildstormaddict
Post your comments for each episode on the wildstormaddiction.com!
Email us at email@example.com.
Facebook Fan Page: Wildstorm Addiction Podcast Fan Page
Google+ Page: wildstormaddiction
Our show is now on Stitcher! Listen to us on your iPhone, Android Phone, Kindle Fire and other devices with Stitcher. Stitcher is Smart Radio for Your phone or tablet. Find it in your app store or at stitcher.com The latest episode is always available for you- no syncing needed… and no memory or storage wasted! Stitcher SmartRadio- The Smarter Way to listen to radio
Thx for listening, Robert! We always appreciate feedback. 🙂
Comments are closed.