Subscribe to the show: RSS Feed | iTunes
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: RSSShow Notes: Welcome to a another episode of Wildstorm Addiction, hitting our stride again with the trifecta month, Our resident Wildstorm experts Joe David Soliz & Benjamin Murphy review Midnighter #3 (2015).
00:00:09 – Ben welcomes everyone to episode #51 and gives the obligatory spoiler alerts warning for the issue being reviewed.
- Brian Polk (23 mins of Ska Podcast – 23ska.com – @radjose writes in:
Last episode, I think it was Matt (L) who wrote in asking about Rainmaker being half-sister to Threshold and Bliss and where was that established.
- It was established in the pages of “Team Seven: Dead Reckoning” where we see Steven Callahan and his wife announce that they are pregnant. When the baby is born the doctors tell Steven that both his wife and baby are dead. It’s all a plot by Craven to get the Gen-Active baby. His wife overhears this, fakes being dead until she can grab baby Rainmaker and high tail it out of there back to her family on the reservation to help be raised. Later we see Callahan’s new family along w/ his 2 new kids along with his new wife. I think there was more in the Gen12 series, and yes, we see Steven bite it at the beginning of the Gen13 mini-series.
- Question for you two:
If the WildStorm Universe could come back today how would you like to see it? Pick up right where they left off? Or should we join a universe that has been in progress for the last several years and has built their way out of “World’s End” and unravel the story of what happened between the end and now as the books are being published?
00:08:14 – Joe reviews Midnighter #3, released on August 5th, written by Steve Orlando with art by Aco, cover by Artyom Trakhanov with variant cover by John Paul Leon. Romulo Fajardo, Jr. makes the cover credits for his amazing colors in this issue.
00:17:34 – Ben gives an update on other Wildstorm related sighting and tie-ins from the other DCU 52 issues for the past month. Crickets!
00:22:13 – Ben continues to give a run-down on the upcoming books and character appearances in the new DCU June 2015 relaunch. Remember, all these books are available digitally the same day as the print release at the DC section of www.comixology.com
- For the week of 9/02 – MIDNIGHTER#4 – Grayson and Midnighter—reunited at last! Granted, it wasn’t Grayson’s idea, and yes, technically Midnighter might have kidnapped him. And, uh, brought him to Moscow to fight a herd of feral vampires. Maybe this reunion is getting off on the wrong foot…
- For the week of 10/07 – MIDNIGHTER #5 – Grayson and Midnighter have finally cornered the man selling the tech that was stolen from the God Garden! Unfortunately for them, he’s saved all the best toys for himself! Somebody’s not leaving Russia alive
- For the week of 11/04 – MIDNIGHTER #6 – Midnighter’s always lived his life believing nothing could ever hurt him—but that was before he let someone he cared about into his world! When a mysterious enemy targets the family of the man he loves, all bets are off…
00:23:30 – Joe gives some quick shout out’s to the new Facebook version of the Clark’s Bar: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1036575389702716/, now with 15 members! Get twice the Valiant coverage now with our friends of the show from the Only the Valiant podcast at http://www.onlythevaliant.com. We also want to mention our friends over at http://culturalwormhole.blogspot.com/ and their Valiant Future podcast where Joe has been a regular co-host for over a year now.
00:26:12 – Joe finishes up with the contact details as shown below.The opening music is “Universal Domain” by Dreamline.
Wildstorm Addiction: http://twitter.com/wildstormaddict
Post your comments for each episode on the wildstormaddiction.com!
Email us: email@example.com (Reinstated, bring on some new listener mail!).
Facebook Fan Page: Wildstorm Addiction Podcast Fan Page
Our show is now on Stitcher! Listen to us on your iPhone, Android Phone, Kindle Fire and other devices with Stitcher. Stitcher is Smart Radio for Your phone or tablet. Find it in your app store or at stitcher.com The latest episode is always available for you- no syncing needed… and no memory or storage wasted! Stitcher SmartRadio- The Smarter Way to listen to radio.