Subscribe to the show: RSS Feed | iTunes Podcast: Play in new window | Download Subscribe: RSS
Show Notes: Welcome to another episode of Wildstorm Addiction! Our resident Wildstorm experts Joe David Soliz & Benjamin Murphy talk about the Wildstorm comic releases for the weeks of 5/12 through 5/26.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
00:00:34 – Joe welcomes everyone to Episode #4 w/reviews of DV8: Gods and Monsters #2, Garrison #2, and Wildcats #23.
- He mentions two new podcasts to check out; the “DC Core Addiction” podcast by Comic Addiction podcast veterans Chris Partin(Image Addiction) and Paul Steven Brown(X-Addiction).
- He also mentions the debut of the “Avengers Addiction” podcast with Corwin Crowl(Comic Addiction) and Anthony Ellis(X-Addiction).
00:01:44 – Ben gives another spoiler alert reminder and explains the delayed release due to the number of Wildstorm core/creator title releases in May.
00:02:06 – Ben reviews Wildcats #22 written by Adam Beechen; art by Tim Seeley; cover by Walt Simonson (Authority #21 other half of cover)
00:02:29 – Joe gives the Wildstorm news.
- Kane & Lynch comic coming based on Sqaure Enix game. It will coincide with release of new video game, “Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days” both will come out in August. It’ll be a six issue mini-series and will act as a bridge between the story in the first game and the second. Written by Ian Edginton (Stormwatch PHD) & art by Chris Mitten. Ben Templesmith will provide covers. (http://comics.ign.com/articles/108/1089129p1.html)
- New creator owned project in August, “Ides of Blood #1” begins six issue mini series written by Stuart C. Paul and art by Christian Duce. This mini sports a $3.99 cover price!
- DC is making the shift to $3.99 titles and this will include some Wildstorm titles. Welcome to Tranquility: One Foot in the Grave debuts in July at $2.99 but increases to $3.99 with issue two. Creator-owned & licensed titles like X-files/30 Days of Night, Fringe: Tales from the Fringe, Free Realms, Gears of War, and the aforementioned Kane & Lynch already have the $3.99 price. The WSU titles Wildcats, The Authority, Dv8 and Gen 13 are still $2.99 as of August.
00:05:51 – Ben reviews DV8: Gods and Monsters #2 (of 8), written by Brian Wood & Rebekah Isaacs, Cover by Fiona Staples.
- Mentions that the titles are named after songs; issue #1 called “The Day I Tried to Live” is a Soundgarden song and issue #2 is called “Cursed Female” which is a Porno for Pyros song.
00:17:30 – Joe reviews Garrison #2 by Jeff Mariotte & Francesco Francavilla.
00:26:50 – Ben reviews Wildcats #23, written by Adam Beehcen & Tim Seeley, Cover by Pete Woods (other half of cover was on The Authority #22).
- Joe tries to explain the crazy first few pages of this issue and the Gen 13 lore.
- Ben apologizes for not re-reading this issue before the review, he doesn’t make much sense at the end of his review trying to explain what Apollo, Midnighter, and Zealot are up to. Joe tries to set him straight…fails miserably.
- Strong thunderstorms near Ben’s house cause Joe’s voice to morph, fun!
00:46:32 – Joe mentions the release of
- Dante’s Inferno #6 (of 6)
- Free Realms #9 (of 12)
- Ex Machina #49
- Supernatural: Beginnings End #5 (of 6)
- The Authority #1 (Special Edition) only $1.00!!!
- God of War #2 (of 6)
- Resident Evil #5 (of 6)
00:48:14 – Ben reminds listeners to pick up the new Wildstorm trades Ex Machina Vol. 9: Ring Out the Old, Ex Machina Deluxe Edition-Book 3, Free Realms-Book 1, World of Warcraft: Ashbringer, Robotech: Prelude to the Shadow Chronicles at www.instocktrades.com, support us by clicking on the banner at The Comic Addiction for In Stock Trades! Mentions our other sponsor at Discount Comic Book Service @ www.dcbservice.com for the latest issues. Joe reminds us that most orders are 30%.
The opening and closing music is “Universal Domain” by Dreamline which can be found at http://www.musicalley.com.
Wildstorm Addiction: http://twitter.com/wildstormaddict
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.